Hello! Today’s topic is on the Invisible Hand. I was meant to post this last week but it wasn’t completely finished so I’m posting it this week. (This post will kind of be in a research paper format, but this is my first time writing a research paper, so it won’t be the best paper.) Anyways, here it is!
Okay…I’m here. I know I didn’t post last week. Or the week before. But I’m here! But anyway, I just wanted to share something really exciting happening. As you may have read by the title, my birthday is coming up. ( It’s tomorrow, lol.) Yes, I will be turning 13 tomorrow, and entering the teenager group. I will no longer be a 12 – year-old blogger but a 13-year-old blogger. So, since I am going to officially be a teenager, my parents- and I- did something really exciting. After such a long time, we finally painted my room. It is no longer the dull, common beige we all know, but now two shades of purple.
There’s this really cool triangle design where we cut the wall diagonally and colored the top a lighter shade and the bottom a darker shade of purple. We did the same to another wall but cut it in the opposite direction so now it looks like a mountain. We also added these really cute mountain climber decals so it looks like they’re climbing the mountain. Apart from that, I also got a new bed which is smaller and creates more space in the room, as well as an “egg chair”.
Another perk about turning 13 for me is getting my first social media. To be honest, I have very little interest in being active online or even having social media. However, I do want Twitter mainly for any political updates. It just feels different when you get to find out yourself what people say instead of from your parents, you know? Aside from Twitter, I’m hoping to get Instagram. It’s not too big or that popular- which suits me just fine- and will work well. I only really wanted Instagram because I wanted some other app to try besides Twitter. My first idea, Insta.
Last year we weren’t able to do anything with friends due to lockdown, but this year I and my 3 close friends had a sleepover last night. I think it was one of my favorite sleepovers because it wasn’t too chaotic, we all were really close with each other, and we were a small group. Of course, we stayed up until like 12:30 in the morning and acted like crackheads, but otherwise, we weren’t that crazy. A night filled with painting saucer plant pots, building our own mini pizzas, music video, and song shares, and a late-night movie with ice cream followed by a morning of giggles, waffles with raspberries, and gifts is something I will never forget. 🙂
Lastly, I wanted to list out what I’ve done while I was 12. It’s like a tradition where I record a video talking bout what I did at that age the night before my birthday. I haven’t really thought it out but I wanted to list it out now.
- I did DI this year virtually and placed 4th
- Coronavirus Log series: 138 parts
- Live election Blogging for 2020 elections- 35 posts
- I started 2 new stories- Missing piece and When Can I See You Again- and wrote the most I ever have on them
- I started following a new musical artist: BTS
- I started practicing for my SAT’s
- I’m doing much better in Marathi, and I have started being independent in taking care of and managing my work
- I finally reached and completed Level J for both math and reading for Kumon ( Something I have wanted to achieve for so long)
- I started reading Economics
- Experienced a slice of real-life: Bourbon Street ( I’m sure all of you know my thoughts on that. If not, here is the link to my “New Orleans Trip” post.)
- Had a successful plant garden and harvest, and have started another one this year